Advertisements
RSS

D8. Dark Pool

24 Aug

Objective: Survive 65 waves

AfIter trying a few different ways of completing this level, without too much success I came across an simple way to ensure a flawless victory.

Splash towers. That’s it. That’s all you need.

20110824-180122.jpg

Start by building a line of three towers. One advantage of building splash towers is that they also damage enemies nearby where their bombs land. This makes them useful against the small, fast moving enemies.

20110824-180129.jpg

Upgrade your towers as soon as you can. You’ll need the extra fire power that the upgrades offer for when the more hardy enemies attack.

20110824-180134.jpg

Get them fully upgraded. Then look at taking out some of the pink blobs above your towers. This not only gives you additional resources, but it also creates extra space.

20110824-180139.jpg

Keep building towers and upgrade them as soon as you can.

20110824-180144.jpg

Don’t stop building and upgrading the splash towers. The more you have, then the easier it will be for you to complete the level. I like to have all my splash towers together in a tight formation. This enables a “kill zone” to be created where multiple towers are firing near the same spot, this creates an area which will be deadly to all enemies who pass through.

Advertisements

12 Comments

Posted by on 24/08/2011 in Tower Defense - Campaign

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “D8. Dark Pool

1. Coninos

05/02/2012 at 11:47

How can you build 3 splash towers when your starting resources are 350 and the splash tower is 195

• Rob

05/02/2012 at 14:06

This solution is for playing the level in easy, you start with more resources. I’ll be posting a how-to video shortly for completing the level on hard.

• Atspieler

05/03/2012 at 16:50

Need it!

2. Andrew

24/02/2012 at 02:56

You can do this on Normal, using Splash Towers, i have not yet tried Hard, but you need some initial manual targeting.

3. Emko

23/06/2012 at 20:42

I completed this on hard. Only left with one life. Used splash towers too and 2 or three slowdown towers not fully upgraded. And one tower that costs 155.
    In the beginning I satrt with another tower that costs 260 and add a slowdown tower just below the first tower that is alredy there

4. lighten2306

27/06/2012 at 11:23

this doesn’t work, I even tried individual targetting with only two towers that I can purchase and it still does not work. I end up with 6 lives after the first wave.

• lighten2306

27/06/2012 at 11:25

and by the second wave you’re dead.

5. Avalith

28/07/2012 at 01:11

I tried this on easy and works beautifully. I even had some left to build some random towers to get all the resources on field

6. Filip

30/08/2012 at 10:41

I finally did it on hard. Played on my phone so no print screen.
    Start of with a laser in the bottom left corner targeting the first of 2 obstacles so you will shoot the enemies coming from the right side. During the first wave place a 155-canon on the second splash tower from the left(see first print screen above). Upgrade this one complete and also start shooting obstacles to make room and earn more cash. Dont forget to aim your laser back on the obstacles when the enemies are coming. The laser and cannon will keep you safe for a while. When you have more cash start building splash towers as above. One upgrade is enough, just keep building more. Maybe another cannon somewhere at the base is also needed. Normally this should work:-)

7. james086

12/02/2013 at 15:33

I did it on hard like this. http://i.imgur.com/zHI9x9t.jpg

First tower was the laser at the bottom right corner. Build 3 splash towers and another 2 lasers and upgrade all as resources permit.

8. Indra

05/03/2013 at 01:17

Hard mode with 350 resource mean 1 splash tower 195 and 1 canon tower 155 after that i try to upgrade canon to the fullest and splash later. I also upgrade the laser canon and build scout tower in the left and right at the top of the rock. It help but I only survive until 64 wave out of 65. Hope other can improve design I can follow??

9. Johnny

06/11/2013 at 21:20

The only way that worked for me was putting a laser on the bottom right and during the first wave put a 155 cannon in the middle. Max that out and build another right next to it when you can and max that out too. Then you will kill the purple resources around you and only build splash canons from there on putting them in the “kill zone” next to the command center and only upgrade them once each. I’m sure there is a better way but i survived with 5 lives on hard and for this level just passing it is great.

%d bloggers like this: